Tuesday 17 February 2015

DeVil(le)

I know everyone has been through that one job where their boss is a nightmare.  Well, if you remember in the movie 101 Dalmations, Anita works in fashion for a woman named Cruella De Ville.  Cruella loved fur clothing, and saw Anita drawing a fur coat with spots.  Once Anita mentioned her Dalmation, Cruella instantly wanted a dalmation fur coat and wanted it with puppy fur.  Cruella went through great lengths to get this coat in production in both the cartoon and motion picture film.  Throughout this movie Cruella threatened Anita and her job, only to eventually fire her because Anita and Roger don't want to sell the puppies.

I know through my experiences, finding a boss that not only threatens your job, but is a poorly educated boss is all too easy to find.  Almost every job that I have worked has a boss that should not be a boss.  Right now is my prime example of the perfect 'shouldn't be a boss' job.  My boss has threatened my job on several occasions, tried telling me to quit, given me sh*t for something that I'm not the only one who did.  My boss and I don't agree on a lot of things, and one of them being women in control.  He doesn't think women should have an opinion especially when the woman works in a 'man's' field.  That doesn't fly with me, and so has lead to clashing in views and the making of a poor relationship. 

My boss jokes around with everyone at work, except me, and so when he talks to me, he talks in a tone that implies I am beneath him.  I understand I am not as high up in the rankings, he is my boss, but I do deserve some respect for the effort I put into getting hired in the company.  It took me two years of being a temporary before they decided to hire me.  That to me is worth some respect.  My boss loves to blame other people for everything, because he can do no wrong.  I butt in when he starts freaking on someone for something they aren't doing, and that gets me in trouble a lot of the time. I feel as though he seems to want me to not exist, and because of that, I feel stressed out every time I go to work. To me, he reminds me of the scene in the movie where Cruella goes crazy chasing after those dogs.  I feel like I'm the dogs, and he is her. 

My boss has a way of talking to people like he is so much better than everyone.  I have never heard him talk to someone like they actually matter or that they are worth anything.  He's got the personality of a mule.  He doesn't seem to know how to encourage his employees, he just knows how to knock them down and make them feel worth nothing.  I am the type of person who if I see someone being bullied or knocked down in some way I almost always step in and say something.  I'm not usually rude, but I do step in.  My boss always reminds me that he isn't talking to me, but he says it in a rude kind of way that knocks me so far down that its hard to get up. It is not easy dealing with a bully for a boss, and Cruella was the best example for me to use to show what a bully kind of boss looks like.  I'm sorry for talking so much about my current boss, but it's best to have examples.  But even if you have a horrible boss like me or like Anita you should still have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment