Monday 9 February 2015

Ohana Means Family

I feel as though the Movie Lilo and Stitch is such a great family movie that I absolutely had to write about it. There is so much that one can get from Lilo and Stitch, I actually may use it again in another blog down the road.  But for now, I this is the only one about it.  

I had such a fascination with Lilo and Stitch when it came out that I actually used to watch it every day multiple times.  I watched it so much that I actually knew the whole movie by heart.  And to prove it I was writing it out at school when I couldn't watch to movie.  I had most of the movie written out and then my friends got tired of it so I stopped.  But I loved that movie, and still do. I feel as though it brings meaning to the word family through the couple of quotes within the movie. 

For those who don't know what the movie is about, its about an experiment from another planet who gets onto planet earth and is trying to be captured.  Lilo is a little girl who lives with her sister because both their parents had died in an accident and now Lilo's older sister is trying to take care of her.  They end up going to the pound to pick up a dog, and Lilo ends up choosing Experiment 626, which she later names Stitch.  Stitch over time ends up finding family within Lilo and Nani and by the end of the movie, you learn what family really should be.

In this movie there are many different quotes that just makes me have that warm feeling for Stitch. During the film Nani tells Lilo that they have to give Stitch back to the shelter. Lilo doesn't like the idea of having to give up stitch because she has grown a fondness for him.  Lilo then throws a saying at Nani by saying 'What about Ohana?' Nani responds with 'He hasn't been here that long." Lilo retorts 'Neither have I.  Dad said Ohana means family.  Family means nobody gets...'  Nani finishes with 'left behind or forgotten.'  This saying is what gets Nani to decide towards keeping Stitch.  but whats even better about this saying, is that at the end of the movie when Lilo and Stitch get captured, Stitch gets away and then comes back for Lilo and says 'Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.'  Its probably the best part of the entire movie, but the rest of the movie is really incredible as well. 

Stitch also says at the end to the head commander 'This is my family, I found it all on my own.  It's little, and broken, but still good.  Yeah, still good.'  He says it with such sincerity and love that you can tell he has found his family.  Not all families are born into it, but all families should have the same amount of love as if you were born into it.  I feel that adoption would be a great option for anyone, including those who can have biological children.  Share the love, its available to those who are around people giving it away. But every family should see family the same way as Lilo and Stitch see it.  

I used to be so addicted to Lilo and Stitch that on my high school binders I actually drew out a picture of Stitch on the cover.  The picture when hes sitting down with his mouth wide open.  I loved that picture so much that I almost had it everywhere I went.  On all my binders, on my wall, in my locker, it was everywhere.  I'm actually in the process of finding a sticker for my car window that has the picture of stitch with the saying about Ohana.  I figure if I drive a moms car, then I might as well make it as mom friendly as possible.  And what's a better way to do that then to have a Disney character on it with a saying describing how important family is.  I'm actually in the process of making my car's theme all about Stitch.  It would be the perfect colour scheme to match the silver of the outside.  When I accomplish that with my car, I will surely post it and a future blog talking about Lilo and Stitch again.  As Always Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment