Saturday 7 February 2015

Hakuna Matata

Here is the start to my Blog.I'm going to be writing about different things that happen within every day life that remind me of a Disney movie, phrases, stores, parks, or anything Disney.  I thought I would do a blog about this because Disney is such a huge part of my life and I find that EVERYTHING reminds me in some way about Disney.  

So as my first Blog the title should obviously bring to mind one popular Disney movie. The Lion King.  My favourite Disney movie EVER!  I am starting with this particular movie because of the coincidence that happened today.  Today I went out to lunch with an old friend and his girlfriend.  We went to a bar in a city that is in between where both of us live.  It was easier for us to just meet up than for one of us to drive all the way.  So as we were there our waitress was so nice.  But I noticed on her arm she had a tattoo.  It said 'Hakuna Matata'

I thought it was the coolest tattoo I've seen in a while.  I love seeing peoples Disney tattoos.  But as she was talking to my friends girlfriend I was eavesdropping (Which I know is rude and not cool but I did it anyway) and I over heard them talking about the struggles she has gone through to get to where she is now.  The way she was talking showed me that she really has the mentality to live by these words.  These simple words that mean 'No Worries' is how she lives her life now.  I was so incredibly impressed that I just didn't know how to respond. 

I loved it, thought it was the best choice in tattoos for her.  But then I started thinking, well since the Lion King is my favourite movie then maybe I should get a Lion King tattoo.  So I wasn't sure if I'd want the picture of Simba on the tree or if I wanted Rafiki's quote that he tells Simba when he hits him with the stick.

I like the idea of getting the picture of Simba on the tree because its a sign to remember who you were, and to remember who you are, and to think who you want to be.  Its actually pretty important that I remember how far I've come in life because I feel like I've come so far from where I was a year ago.  If I forget the journey I have gone through then I wouldn't continue to grow, I would feel lost, which is exactly what happened to Simba when Shenzi, Banzai and Ed chase him out of the pride lands.  So this picture would be an amazing tattoo for me.

But then again, when Rafiki hits adult Simba with the stick and comes up with that incredible saying 'Oh yes, the past can hurt.  But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.'  This picture obviously has a typo for the saying, but its the same idea.  It's a great saying because your past is part of who you are now whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant because one day it will all make sense to you.  

But both tattoo ideas would be great, especially for me, except for I wouldn't know where to put it.  I just thought this would be a good blog for me to start off with.  

Feel free to share any comments you have.  I love seeing more Disney tattoos.  And don't forget to Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment